Very reliable one; we are glad to bring to your notice that all UTME and Direct Entry (DE) FUTMINNA Post-UTME candidates who recently applied for admission into the Federal University of Technology (Minna), for the 2017/2018 academical session should take note that a date has been scheduled for the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) which will take place at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano, Minna, as follows:
|Commencement date for Online Registration:||00.01hrs Thursday, 31st August, 2017.||00.01hrs Monday, 9th October, 2017.|
|Close of Online Registration:||12.00hrs midnight on Friday 13thSeptember, 2017.||12.00hrs midnight on Sunday, 22nd October, 2017.|
|Dates of Screening exercise:||Monday 18th – Friday 22ndSeptember, 2017.||Tuesday, 24th to Thursday, 26th October, 2017.|
NOTE: The Screening Exercise is strictly a Computer Based Test (CBT) standard
1. Note it that Only UTME and DE FUTMINNA Post-UTME candidates who selected FUT Minna are eligible for the post utme screening exercise.
2. FUTMINNA Post-UTME Applicants should be able to score the required jamb score the acceptable score if they are to be considered for admission for various Schools/Courses/Programmes in the 2017 UTME as shown below:
|SCHOOL||PROGRAMME||RECOMMENDED CUT OFF MARKS|
|SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE & AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT)||Agriculture||180|
|Food Science & Technology||180|
|Water Resources, Aquaculture & Fisheries Technology||180|
|SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET)||Agric. Bioresources Engineering||190|
|Material and Metallurgical Engineering||190|
|SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET)||Architecture||230|
|Estate Management & Valuation||180|
|Surveying & Geoinformatics||180|
|Urban & Regional Planning||180|
|SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (SICT)||Computer Science||200|
|Cyber Security Science||200|
|SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES (SLS)||Biochemistry||190|
|SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES (SPS)||Chemistry||180|
|SCHOOL OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION (SSTE)||Education Technology||180|
|Industrial and Technology Education||180|
1. Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses, have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
2. However, candidates who do not meet any of the above requirements will be allowed to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates. The change of course will attract a processing fee of N1,000 only payable at the screening venue.
3. FUTMINNA Post-UTME Candidates are expected to possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings in subjects ,which is said to be relevant to their proposed courses.
4. Note it that Only ‘O’ Level result print-out(s) downloaded directly from the website(s) of the national examining bodies (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or photocopies of the original certificate(s) will be accepted for verification, they are also said to bring theor O’Level result to the screening hall, failure to do that, the applicant will be disqualified.
5. Awaiting results FUTMINNA Post-UTME applicants will be allowed to participate in the screening exercise, but will also have to submit the results not exceeding Friday 30th September, 2017. Also know it that for you to be able to submit such results, al candidates are to go back to their registration page on the University website to update their records or submit hard copies of the results to the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano.
6. All Candidates that choose to submit their results online should print the acknowledgement slips after uploading.
For the list of relevant subjects for each course/programme, check the homepage of the University website.
NOTE: False declaration leads to a candidate’s disqualification.
AVAILABLE COURSES IN FUTMINNA
METHOD OF REGISTRATION
All Candidates are expected to visit: https://www.futminna.edu.ng/
then Click on “2017/2018 UPASE”
On the page that appears, click on ‘UPASE-UTME Login’
Enter your JAMB registration number.
Enter one of your names.
Click on ‘Login’.
On the page, you are required to upload your colored passport photograph in JPG format (Width 150 px, Height 170 px).
Then proceed to Choose another course from the list of departments if your UTME/’O’ level subject combinations do not meet the minimum requirements for the course registered with JAMB.
NOTE: FUTMINNA Post-UTME Candidates should be able to know it that the system automatically detects if you have the required UTME subject combination and the minimum score for the programme selected.
Status of ‘O’ Level results (click on the appropriate box).
Click on ‘Proceed to payment gateway’.
Confirm your entries.
Click on the payment link button to proceed to payment gateway.
All Payment is said to be done through Debit Card or Bank branch (by generating RRR from application portal).
Then you will have to Enter your ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV 2 which is the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
NOTE: You will receive a debit alert of N2,250.00 only which is said to be the service charge for the Interswitch platform.
Know it that If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered.
Click on the ‘Print’ button to print the document
Keep the printout and take it to the UPASE venue
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
All admission seeking Candidates are expected to report at the Suleiman Kumo Convocation Square at the University Main Campus, Gidan-Kwano along Minna-Bida road with the following items.
1. A printout of the 2017/2018 UTME result slip bearing the candidate’s passport photograph,the title of the course/programme of choice should be boldly written by the candidate on top of the result slip.
The printed 2017/2018 University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) scheduling slip, with either a material (Biro or Pencil).
A simple scientific calculator (non-programmable) without cover.
1.No candidate will be allowed to participate in the screening exercise without complying with the above requirements.
2.Candidates are not allowed to bring GSM handsets or any material into the screening hall.
3.Candidates should be aware of Impersonation which is anyone caught impersonating will be handed over to the law enforcement agents to be taken care of.
4.Candidate who fails to be present for the post utme screening exercise on the date and time specified on the print-out, will be disqualified.